Know your delivery needs
Knowing your needs prior to placing your order – or even before delivery - will help to make sure your expectations are met, while greatly reducing confusion for all. Here are the services that we provide and what you can expect from us. Of course it’s important for us to know ahead of time whether you would like your appliances simply delivered to your location, placed inside or installed; and whether you would like your old appliances removed from the premises:
- Refrigerators: with the exception of professional built-in units, our teams will place, level and hook-up the dispenser or icemaker (providing a functioning water line is present and readily available). Door reversal or icemaker installation (if needed) may incur an additional charge. Please make sure your refrigerator is cleaned out prior to our arrival.
- Ranges: we install freestanding electric ranges only. Gas ranges, slide-in or drop-in models, professional style ranges, cooktops, rangetops, wall ovens and hoods which are “built-in” require professional installation by others. We will be happy to provide you with the names of installers; however, you will be contracting services directly with them, as they are not employees of our company.
- Dishwashers: some models – especially those that are foreign made - require professional installation. Please discuss with your sales associate prior to placing your order.
- Laundry: we install washers and electric dryers and electric drying centers only. Our teams will deliver, place, configure (side-by-side, stacked or on pedestals), level and connect all hoses and dryer vents (providing functioning ductwork is present and readily available). Gas dryer and other extensive ductwork should be referred to a professional carpenter or installer. If side or bottom venting of your dryer is required, we need to know ahead of time so we can purchase the additional materials required for that type of installation. You will be charged for this material additionally.
We are happy to haul-off your old appliance(s) at the time of delivery. All built-in appliances must be disconnected from cabinetry and power prior to the delivery. Our teams are not qualified to remove built-in appliances, nor will they if your site is not prepared ahead of time. Because of limited truck space, we will haul-off one like-appliance for one delivered.
Confirm your delivery
It’s very important that we speak with you prior to your scheduled delivery. If a specific delivery time was requested at the time of sale, we will make every effort to accommodate you. We will call you the day before your delivery and confirm your time with a two-hour delivery window. If we do not speak with you directly, we will leave a message on your answering machine if available. It is essential that we confirm your delivery. If we cannot leave a message or cannot contact you we may have to reschedule your delivery for another day. If your delivery is confirmed and you or your designated people are not present to receive the merchandise, the delivery may be rescheduled with an additional $45.00 delivery charge.
Prepare for your delivery
- Someone 18 years of age or older must be present to accept the delivery.
- Clear the path from your garage or driveway into your home and then from the entryway into your kitchen or laundry room. Due to insurance restrictions, our delivery team is not able to remove or relocate existing furniture or other obstacles from the path to your kitchen, laundry room or temporary storage location. If the delivery team does not have a clear pathway with which to make its delivery safely, without injury to themselves, your appliances, or your possessions, other arrangements will have to be made.
- Please note that if requested at the time of purchase, your sales associate will gladly provide you with spec sheets detailing all pertinent information and measurements needed to install your appliance(s). It is your responsibility to make sure the appliances you are purchasing will fit in the location you have chosen for them. Please measure carefully to make sure your new appliances will fit through existing doors, doorframes, halls, stairways, landings and other passages. Incorrect measurements may cause delays in delivery or installation; which may also require additional delivery or restocking charges.
During the delivery
Please plan to inspect your appliances upon receiving them. Because of our suppliers’ requirements, you have 48 hours in which to notify us of any concealed freight damage. If we are not informed of damage within that time period, we will have to assume that everything has been received in acceptable order.
Limited Warehouse Space
We special-order your merchandise based on the date you tell us it is needed. We realize there are occasional construction delays. However, due to our limited warehouse space and out “just-in-time” ordering, we can only hold your order 30 days beyond your original requested delivery date on the order. Thereafter, you will need to arrange for storage at another facility at your expense. We will deliver your merchandise to that location at that time.
- We will call you to advise that your special order has arrived at our store and is ready for your pick up. Please let the caller know when you plan to pick up your merchandise. Letting us know of your pick up ahead of time will expedite the process when you arrive at our store.
- Pack rope, blankets or tie-downs to properly secure your merchandise to ensure a safe ride home. Bring a tarp in wet weather. We are not able to supply these materials.
- Pick up hours: 10am – 5pm Monday through Friday, 10am – 3pm Saturdays. Please go to our Reception desk so we can pull your order, settle any outstanding balance and assure that you receive the correct merchandise.
- Invoice and ID. The person named on the invoice must be present with a valid ID. If someone other than that person will be picking up your merchandise contact your sales associate prior to pick up.
Please inspect all of your merchandise at the time of pick up. If there are any items that do not meet your approval inform your sales associate.
No returns on:
Opened trim kits, opened sinks, faucets and accessories, warming drawers, range hoods, special orders, electrical parts or vacuums
Regularly stocked items purchased may be returned within 30 days of the date of purchase for a full refund, minus a restocking fee, if the item is in the original factory sealed box, unopened.
Opened products may be returned only with prior authorization. Customer, contractor or installer-damaged merchandise or items missing parts may not be returned. Refunds will not include any associated delivery or installation charges. We may not accept some items for return, or we may charge a higher restocking fee, if the circumstances warrant.
All returned items will be charged a restocking fee, depending on the condition of the return and the type of merchandise:
- Unopened items in resalable condition will be charged a 20% restocking fee (if taken out of our normal stocking inventory).
- Opened items will be charged a higher restocking fee per our suppliers’ policies.